Results ：Novermber 30th, 2023
Screening Format：Entirely online (YouTube, or Bilibili )
Participants：The competition is open for all nations.
Repertoire : free of choice（Baroque ～ modern/contemporary)
can choose Freely the repertoire which reflects their musicality and artistic personality the best way.
unpublished musics or original compositions are not allowed.
The repertoire should consist of one or more pieces which has to fulfill the time frame,depending on the age category.
Ages/ time limits：
A. 9 years old and under ーup to 6 min
B. From 10 to 13 years old ― up to 8 min
C. From 14 to 17 years old ― up to 10 min
D. From 18 to 21 years old ― up to 13 min
E. From 22 to 25 years old ― up to 13 min
F. From 26 to 35 years old ― up to 16 min
G. From 36 years old and above ― up to 16 min
Jury: International jury from Europe and Asia
A detailed feedback from the jury will be sent via Email after the competition.
Excellent 98-93 points,
Good 92-87 points, Satisfactory 86- 81,
Adequate 80- 75 points,
Inadequate 74- 69 points, Unsatisfactory 68- 63 points
Grand Prix 98- 96 points, Semi- Grand Prix 95- 93 points,
Prize or High score winners 92- 85 points,
Grand Prix: 200,000 Yen, Semi-Grand Prix: 100,000 Yen,
Top Prize Winners: 200,000 Yen, Total prize money: 500,000 Yen.
Certificates：International applicants will receive an electronic certificate.
Once issued, award certificates may not be reissued.
Extra prize: Invitation to an overseas masterclass(Switzerland, Japan, Germany) or Online masterclass
The Grand Prix or Semi- Grand Prix will invited to a Solo or joint recital at famous Recital Hall in Japan( With airfare, accommodation)Scheduled May 2024
- €80.00 B. or C. €90.00 D. or E. €100.00 F. or G. €115.00
- In general, we only accept online applications via the "formrun system”
- Please make sure that you can receive emails from “formrun system” and “ firstname.lastname@example.org”(Please be sure to check your email to ensure that it is not received in your spam mail.)
- Proof of age verification (student ID, driver's license, passport, etc.) and a copy of the application form must be attached.
- The application of minor musicians must be filled and submitted by their parents or legal guardianship.
- Age limit for each category refers to the applicant's age at the time of application deadline.
- Videos should basically be recorded after January 2022.
- Perform on an upright piano, grand piano, or electronic piano.
- The performance must be recorded in a music studio, salon, large/small hall, practice room, at home, etc.
- All the pieces must be performed from memory.
- The whole silhouette as well as hands of the contestants must be clearly visible.
- In principle, video footage added to audio recordings only is not permitted. (Do not record separately.)
- The state of the recording will also be taken into consideration in the screening process.
- The performance video should be sent as a YouTube link. (please make sure to change the privacy setting to “unlisted”). （For Bilibili, only public settings）
- Keep to the designated performance time for each category.
- The video should be recorded at an adjustable volume.
- Applicants who wish to perform copyrighted works must individually apply for and obtain performance rights in advance.(Since copyright laws differ from country to country, if you perform a copyrighted work, you must apply in advance and pay for it yourself.)
- It is allowed to submit one video or as separate ones for each piece.
- It is not allowed to reupload or make changes to the videos after submitting the application.
- It is not allowed to delete videos without instructions after the application has been submitted.
- The order of application does not affect the results.
- Please prepare your application and recordings well in advance.
- If an error occurs during the web application process, please send the application form by email.
- Incomplete entries may result in point reductions.
- Be sure to check for updates on the competition website.
Terms of Participation
- The copyright of all content regarding the competition published on the internet, newspapers, magazines and other media belongs to “Basel International Online Flute Competition 2023”.
- Applications will only be accepted via online application form (formrun system).
- The results must be confirmed individually by the contestants on our website.
- A detailed feedback from the jury will be sent via email approximately one months after the end of the competition.
- If there are more entry applications than expected, the number of Feedback will be different. (May 26th,2023 updated)
- The Executive committee reserves the right, at its discretion, not to award the prize, to change the rules, or to reduce or split the prize money among multiple entrants. The prize money will be transferred by wire transfer within two months after the competition.
- In case of overseas transfer, prize money will be awarded in total of the written amount including transaction fees.
- The performance videos of the prize winners will be open to the public. (Privacy settings of the videos uploaded on YouTube must be changed from “unlisted” to “public”.)
- If the performance video is deleted without instruction during the competition period, the contestant will be disqualified from the competition.
- If the video is deleted without instruction after the prize money has been awarded, the prize money will be returned and the prize will be forfeited.
- In the event that a contestant is found to have misrepresented his or her age or educational background, the contestant will be disqualified from the competition and the prize will be forfeited.
- In case of force major (natural disaster, war, civil war, etc.), the competition may be canceled.
- The application period may be postponed depending on the situation with COVID-19.
- The Executive Committee has a right to change the terms and conditions if world conditions require such a change.
- Personal information of all contestants will be strictly managed by the Executive Committee.
- After the application is submitted, no refunds will be accepted for any reason.
- No objections to the scoring method, prize money, or other inquiries will be accepted.
Secretariat of Basel International Online Flute Competition 2023
Basel International Online Music Competition
General Incorporated Association Supraleitung Methode Japan
Supported by: Embassy of Switzerland in Japan