Entry period: July 5th, 2023 ～ November 5th,2023
Results announcement: November 30th, 2023
Participants: The Contest is open for all nations
Screening Format: Entirely online （YouTube or Bilibili）
Free Repertoire: 10 minutes (Submit 2 songs) any combination of genres
Genre: Classical music, Crossover, Pops, Musical, Chanson, Jazz, Canzone
a. 9 years old and under b. 10-13 years old c. 14-17 years old
d. 18-21 years old e. 22-25 years old f. 26-29 years old
g. 30-35 years old h. 36-40 years old i. 41-45 years old
j. 46-50 years old k. 51-55 years old
l. 56-60 years old m. 61 years old and above
Round: One round
Prize money: Grand Prix 1000 EUR,Total Prize 3000EUR Prize will be distributed to top winners
Special Award…Edit Siegfried-Szabo Online Master Course Exemption
Participation fee: a. ~ e. 75EUR f. and g. 80 EUR h. ~ j. 85EUR
k.~ m. 90EU by PayPal
How to apply
- In general, we only accept online applications via the "formrun system”
- Please make sure that you can receive emails from “formrun system” and “email@example.com ”(Please be sure to check your email to ensure that it is not received in your spam mail.)
- Proof of age verification (student ID, driver's license, passport, etc.) and a copy of the application form must be attached.
- The application of minor musicians must be filled and submitted by their parents or legal guardianship.
- Age limit for each category refers to the applicant's age at the time of application deadline.
- Videos should basically be recorded after January 2022.
- The performance must be recorded with the accompaniment of an electronic piano, piano, orchestra, chamber music, jazz band, etc. and must be submitted as a video.
- A cappella songs are also allowed.
- Depending on the genre, you may sing with a microphone.
- The performance must be recorded in a music studio, salon, large/small hall, practice room, at home, etc.
- All the pieces must be performed from memory.
- The whole silhouette as well as hands of the contestants must be clearly visible.
- In principle, video footage added to audio recordings only is not permitted. (Do not record separately.)
- The state of the recording will also be taken into consideration in the screening process.
- The performance video should be sent as a YouTube link. (please make sure to change the privacy setting to “unlisted”). （For Bilibili, only public settings）
- Keep to the designated performance time for each category.
- The video should be recorded at an adjustable volume.
- Applicants who wish to perform copyrighted works must individually apply for and obtain performance rights in advance.(Since copyright laws differ from country to country, if you perform a copyrighted work, you must apply in advance and pay for it yourself.)
- It is allowed to submit one video or as separate ones for each piece.
- The combination of genres is free ( one Song opera aria, one Song Musical etc…)
- It is not allowed to reupload or make changes to the videos after submitting the application.
- It is not allowed to delete videos without instructions after the application has been submitted.
- The order of application does not affect the results.
- Please prepare your application and recordings well in advance.
- If an error occurs during the web application process, please send the application form by email.
- Incomplete entries may result in point reductions.
- Be sure to check for updates on the competition website.
Terms of Participation
- The copyright of all content regarding the competition published on the internet, newspapers, magazines and other media belongs to “Edit Siegfried-Szabo Online Vocal Contest 2023”.
- Applications will only be accepted via online application form (formrun system).
- The results must be confirmed individually by the contestants on our website.
- A detailed feedback from the jury will be sent via email approximately one months after the end of the competition.
- The Executive committee reserves the right, at its discretion, not to award the prize, to change the rules, or to reduce or split the prize money among multiple entrants.
- The prize money will be transferred by wire transfer within two months after the competition.
- In case of overseas transfer, prize money will be awarded in total of the written amount including transaction fees.
- The performance videos of the prize winners will be open to the public. (Privacy settings of the videos uploaded on YouTube must be changed from “unlisted” to “public”.)
- If the performance video is deleted without instruction during the competition period, the contestant will be disqualified from the competition.
- If the video is deleted without instruction after the prize money has been awarded, the prize money will be returned and the prize will be forfeited.
- In the event that a contestant is found to have misrepresented his or her age or educational background, the contestant will be disqualified from the competition and the prize will be forfeited.
- In case of force major (natural disaster, war, civil war, etc.), the competition may be canceled.
- The application period may be postponed depending on the situation with COVID-19.
- The Executive Committee has a right to change the terms and conditions if world conditions require such a change.
- Personal information of all contestants will be strictly managed by the Executive Committee.
- After the application is submitted, no refunds will be accepted for any reason.
- No objections to the scoring method, prize money, or other inquiries will be accepted.
Secretariat of EDIT SIEGFRIED-SZABO ONLINE VOCAL CONTEST 2023
General Incorporated Association Supraleitung Methode Japan